Monday, April 18, 2011

I have been reminded that i neglecting my blog. (Sorry Noriel) Just trying think what has happened since i last blogged.






First, this is not something i have forgotten, but my darling mum has been in and out of hospital with breast cancer. She had to have a mastectomy 2 weeks ago. I am in awe of her. She is 71 and when asked if she was ok with what was going to happen her response was "Shit happens"! She has to have hormone treatment only at this point as there are a few other little cancers that are lying dormant. She said she was glad to get home because she was putting weight on in the hospital. all the beautiful food and no exercise.

We also celebrated mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary the weekend before her op. We went to the Bombay Bicycle Club for tea. It was a great night out just family and we had a private room and we just chatted and laughed and enjoyed each others company.

I've done a bit of scrapping too. some for the monthly challenges and some for the CC challenges











so these are just a few of the Lo's i have done. Some Digi and some paper scrapping. I have also done this birdcage. I got the idea from the Magnolia Ink magazine. A lady by the name of Monique had done one (a lot prettier) using T!m Holtz's birdcage die and some of T!m's techniques. I used my own ideas on how to put it together but i must say i'm pretty happy with how its turned out.

2 comments:

ann said...

Sharon so sorry to hear about your mother, she does sound like a lady with a positive attitude.
and I am sure Noriel will be a good support to you both xx
Your LOs and bird cage are beautiful xx

scrappin' girl said...

Good to see you FINALLY updated girl !!! xxxxx
I know your mum is doing well, she sure is a special Lady xxxxx Your LO's are Fab and your Birdcage is GORGEOUS!!!!